Gitana Boat (stay tuned for live video)

Monday, May 24, 2010

Gale winds leads the way

We arrived in AC around 3 pm on sat. I pulled in, fuel up and headed back out in to rough seas. The admiral was a champ, no chumming the waters. I made my way up the jersey coast and into the barnegate inlet. Some more poking my way through the channel I met Dom and Bobby Bacala in the bay, they led me to my nights dock. Great meal, great company, great docking rates. A few glasses of wine, filled stomach, and we passed out for the night. Woke up in the morning and checked the weather. I had to get going, a storm is on my butt. But we were thrilled, we were in familiar waters, almost home. The week of long days and some rough weather is quickly catching up to us. The skies are cloudy, the air cold. Water temps are 53 degrees, just 3 days ago we were in 79 degree water. Summer hasn't arrived in the northeast yet.